I love making simple, easy recipes that deliver. This tart is a family favourite but with all the cream, we have to restrict ourselves. Although the tart is quite similar to a quiche, the difference lies in the base. This has a rich crispy base that perfectly complements the creamy soft filling. Enjoy while fresh from the oven with a crisp green salad for lunch or a light dinner.
- 100g flour
- 100g butter
- 100g cheddar, finely grated
- 100g Feta/12 mushrooms, sliced
- 12 baby tomatoes, halved
- 100g fat free bacon
- 3 eggs
- 250 ml cream
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Finely chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 180*C
- Blend all the ingredients for the base in a mixer on medium speed until it forms a big ball.
- Break the dough into pieces and gently press it into a round quiche pan. Spread the dough evenly with your knuckles, making sure there are no holes.
- Fry the bacon and mushrooms and add the tomatoes last. When done place it in the tart shell. Be sure to spread the ingredients evenly.
- Mix together all the eggs and cream until smooth. Add salt and pepper and pour into tart base.
- Sprinkle a little parsley over the top and place in oven for 30-40 min until golden brown.
- Remove and let set for a few minutes before slicing to serve.
This is the perfect indulgent summer dessert. The raspberries balance the sweet, creamy chocolate filling and the crispy pastry adds the perfect finishing touch to the smooth center.
- 220g butter
- 200g castor sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 500g flour
- 120g butter
- 450g chocolate, half dark chocolate half milk
- 4 large eggs
- 165g castor sugar
- 80 ml cream
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 150g raspberries, halved (to top)
Preheat oven at 180 ⁰ C
To make the pastry
Combine the butter and sugar in a blender and then add the eggs, one at a time. Add the flour and mix until it forms a dough. Cover in cling-wrap and refrigerate for one hour or more.
Remove from refrigerator and press into tart tins (at least 10cm). This is best done by pressing tiny pieces of dough into the shells, but try to make the shell as even as possible.
Place the tins in the fridge for 30 min before blind baking for 15 min or until slightly golden. Remove and allow to cool whilst preparing the filling.
To make the filling
Melt the butter and chocolate together in a double boiler (or recreate the effect with one small pot and a slightly larger one) over low heat.
Beat the eggs, castor sugar, cream and vanilla together until it is light and fluffy.
Pour the butter and chocolate mixture into the egg mixture whilst beating continuously. Pour into the cooled tart shells.
Bake for 15 min. Allow the tarts to cool completely before removing from the tins.
Decorate with halved raspberries.
Makes 18 small tarts.