This lemon drizzle cake has been a massive success in our house, so much so that I’ve received numerous requests to bake this again soon! I have never actually had a lemon drizzle cake before, so maybe I’m not the best judge, but from my husband feedback I’ll chalk this up as a big success. This is one of those super quick recipes that you could easily whip up on a whim, likely from ingredients already in your pantry.
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6
The classic baseball tee seems to be the modern replacement for the plain tee. Pair it with boyfriend jeans for the perfect casual weekend look or use it tone down a more statement making pants as Amanda did with those pretty sequin pants. I love it either way. It can also work brilliantly as a canvas to showcase a pair of statement shoes such as Grace’s kitten flats or animal print heels. Shop the look here at Woolworths, Cotton On and Mr Price. Also try Jay Jay’s. I am sure there will plenty of baseball tees in the shops.
I love making simple, easy recipes that deliver. This tart is a family favourite but with all the cream, we have to restrict ourselves. Although the tart is quite similar to a quiche, the difference lies in the base. This has a rich crispy base that perfectly complements the creamy soft filling. Enjoy while fresh from the oven with a crisp green salad for lunch or a light dinner.
- 100g flour
- 100g butter
- 100g cheddar, finely grated
- 100g Feta/12 mushrooms, sliced
- 12 baby tomatoes, halved
- 100g fat free bacon
- 3 eggs
- 250 ml cream
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Finely chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 180*C
- Blend all the ingredients for the base in a mixer on medium speed until it forms a big ball.
- Break the dough into pieces and gently press it into a round quiche pan. Spread the dough evenly with your knuckles, making sure there are no holes.
- Fry the bacon and mushrooms and add the tomatoes last. When done place it in the tart shell. Be sure to spread the ingredients evenly.
- Mix together all the eggs and cream until smooth. Add salt and pepper and pour into tart base.
- Sprinkle a little parsley over the top and place in oven for 30-40 min until golden brown.
- Remove and let set for a few minutes before slicing to serve.