Small businesses need our support now more than ever and with Christmas right around the corner, now is the best time to make sure you place an order. Whether you’re splurging on yourself or just want to make someone else feel special, there should be something to suit your taste or budget.
- Jane Valken: Her block-print dresses are amazing, but maybe a little splurgy for Christmas. The same goes for the beautiful bed throws. I’d look at a pillow or these utterly beautiful face masks which are available from her stores.
- Rose May: Ostrich leather has always been the epitome of luxury for me and these simple designs truly let the leather shine. I think they are done with this year’s collections, but it is never to early to get in on the next one.
- Ma Mere: They make the cutest treats that are beautifully packaged, but these Christmas houses retailing for about R180 for three at @Home are my favourite.
- Jimno Jean: If you’re comfortable shopping jewellery for the gift recipient, then you can’t go wrong with Jimno Jean. They have a selection of gold coated and solid gold jewellery in simplistic, contemporary designs.
- Alexa Lily: They do beautiful planners and desk calendars, but you can never have enough beautiful stationery.
- Masch Bag: Can you tell I have handbags on the mind? The Box bag is the perfect classic structured bag available in an array of lighter summer shades.
- Okra Candle: I love a trendy candle as much as the next person – in fact the lady figure is already on its way to me! I also really like the gear candles. Hopefully they’ll keep on adding to the collection.
- On Y Va: I know they are most popular for their shoes, but these bobbie slippers are basically the dream work-from-home shoe! They are a total splurge, but definitely worth ogling.
- Lemon: Their Cape Town showroom is absolutely gorgeous and I highly recommend you pop in if you’re in the market for some modern design or even if you’re just day dreaming. I really enjoyed their collection of prints with Ronelle Pienaar Jenkin.
- Sweet Lion Heart: If their gorgeous cakes are anything to go by, these beautiful Cake Confetti trays are sure to be as delicious as they are a treat for the eyes.
- Skoon: Local skincare brans Skoon has a large selection of cult favourites for you to choose from, but their lip butters were definitely made with gifting in mind.
- Amanda Jayne: If all else fails, you can’t go wrong with a beautiful luxury scented candle.
Let me know which local favourites you will be shopping from this holiday season! I’m always looking to add places to the list.