Looking for a quick and easy recipe this Valentine’s day? Just add delicious to your requirements and use this recipe. This will please any cheesecake lover.
- 200g tennis biscuits, crushed
- 100g butter, melted
- 250ml cream
- 230g smooth cottage cheese x 2
- 200ml castor sugar
- 80ml water
- 20ml lemon juice (consentrate)
- 15ml gelatine
- 300ml water
- 10ml gelatine
- 40ml rose water
- Combine the cookie crumbles and melted butter. Gently press it into a 20cm cake tin or a small baking tray and refridgerate.
- Beat the cream and slowly add the cottage cheese and sugar while continuing to beat.
- Heat the water and lemon just before boiling point and then sprinkle the gelatine over the top. Stir until the gelatine has dissolved.
- Combine the gelatine and the cottage cheese mixture. Scoop the mixture into the crusted baking tin or tray. Refridgerate until set.
- Colour 350ml water to the correct shade. Heat a 100ml until just before it reaches boiling point. Sprinkle the gelatine on top and stir until it dissolves. Add the rest of the coloured water and rose water. Slowly pour the cooled mixture over the top of the dessert. Chill in the fridge until set.
- Slice and serve.
P.S. As you can see, I coloured half of the mixture light pink and layered that in first. But not everything turns out as great as imagined. I wouldn’t recommend this.