Looking for something fun and easy to do this Easter? I’ve got you covered with the ultimate in sweet treats – Easter egg chocolate bark! This is a great way to use up the last bit of Easter candies or, as was the case for me, a good excuse to stock up on some of your favourites! I’d like to say that this recipe is fool proof, but unfortunately you do run the very real risk of finishing the ingredients off before they make their way into the melted chocolate! If you managed to keep your taste buds under control though, you’re good to go! I would venture to say that this is even a good one to keep the kiddo’s busy (under supervision of course!) and of course you can customise this to include some of your personal favourites, these just happen to be mine.
- 30 g Speckled Eggs
- 30 g Candy coated chocolate eggs
- 1 Candy coated hen’s egg
- 180 g Cadbury slab
- Prepare a tray that can go in the fridge by lining it with baking paper.
- Put the speckled eggs and candy coated eggs into a saleable plastic bag and bash it into small pieces using a rolling pin or meat tenderiser. Repeat the process separately with the hen’s egg. If you do it all together you run the risk of either making the hen’s egg too fine or not breaking up the smaller eggs.
- Break up the slab into smaller pieces and microwave on high in a microwave proof bowl. Stop every 20 seconds or so and give it a stir. Stop right before it is completely smooth and rather stir out all the lumps. It is easy to overheat the chocolate and then you can’t go back.
- Spread the chocolate out evenly on the baking paper with a large offset spatula or a knife if you don’t have one. Be careful not to spread it out too thin, stop at about 2 -3 mm.
- Quickly sprinkle over all the broken egg pieces, sprinkles and anything else that makes you happy. Be sure to give everything a light press to ensure it is suspended in the chocolate and try not to layer things.
- Place in the fridge until set and then peel the baking paper off. Break into pieces and enjoy!
I hope everyone has a lovely Easter and safe travels!