This recipe is the ultimate celebration of raspberries in my books. I love whipping it up at the height of raspberry season when they are at their sweetest. I’ve yet to meet someone who can say no to this, it has even been known to convert some non-berry eaters… So hurry and buy a fresh punnet of raspberries whilst they are still in season, this recipe doesn’t deserve frozen berries.
- 120 g ground almonds
- 140 g butter, softened
- 140 g castor sugar
- 150 g self-raising flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 200 g raspberries
- icing sugar, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180C and prepare a cake tin with non-stick pan.
- Mix the almonds, butter, sugar, flour, eggs and vanilla essence with a food processor until well combined.
- Spread half the mixture in the cake tin, sprinkle the raspberries over the top and smooth the rest of the mixture on top.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until golden.
- Leave to cool and sprinkle with icing sugar.
Serve with fresh berries and a scoop of vanilla ice cream or Chantilly cream.