I love collecting all the classic novels from Jane Austen, the Bronte sisters and Charles Dickens but have found that hard covers are ridiculously overpriced. So instead I’ve been buying paperbacks which often feature some less than appealing cover art. Instead of replacing replacing them I decided to give them so love by creating these paper sleeves for some of my favourite novels. It makes my bookcase look so pretty and I love matching a design to each novel or author.
- Good quality paper (I used some off cut wallpapers, but very thick gift wrap or card stock could also work)
- Start by cutting the paper to size. About 4-5 cm larger than the book.
- It is easiest to start by folding the paper in half and then placing the edge of the spine on that half before continuing to fold the other edge for the spine and then wrapping it around the cover and back.
- Re-position your book so that the paper is even on the top and bottom and then lightly press over the edges to create a line to fold.
- Remove the book, open the paper and fold along the pressed lines. Now fold the cover and back flaps into place.
- Place spine of book in the cover and wrap around like a sleeve.