I love chocolate chip cookies, but it’s pretty difficult to find some store bought ones that are perfect. I hate it when it tastes of margarine or isn’t crispy enough. Seeing as they don’t stock FOX biscuits in SA anymore (their choc chip is the best), I decided to try and recreate them. I was slightly disappointed in Woolworths’ ‘Chocolate chips’ (as they clearly took the name a bit literally), but they were still satisfactory. I just prefer larger chunks of chocolate, so next time I’ll hunt down the real thing.
- 1 1/8 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 100 g butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips (dark & milk)
- Preheat the oven to 180*C and prepare a baking sheet with baking paper and Spray & Cook.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
- Cream the butter, sugar and vanilla extract. Add the egg and mix it in.
- Combine the flour,choc chips and butter mixture in an electric mixer or rub it in.
- Once it resembles wet sea sand, start compressing it into a ball.
- Divide into equal sized balls and press flat in the palm of you hands and arrange on baking tray.
- Bake for about 15 min or until golden brown before letting cool on a wire rack.