Instead of throwing your away your leftovers this year, why not try one of my favourite recipes that makes the best of a little leftover Champagne? Each of these recipes require less than two cups of sparkling wine and the best part is that it doesn’t even matter if its lost some of its fizz! This really is the one time that it doesn’t matter if you’ve got Champagne, MCC or even simply Sparking Wine-it will still be just as delicious.
- Champagne Trifle: Strawberries, Champagne and macarons… where do I sign up? Seriously this is one of the easies and most impressive desserts. Get the recipe here.
- Grape & Pink Champagne Sorbet: Make the best of summer fruit such as black grapes with this sorbet perfect for cooling off during this hot festive season (Southern Hemisphere). Get the recipe here.
- Champagne Cupcakes: Celebrate the New Year with these whimsical glittery cupcakes with a delicious filling. Get the recipe here.
- Champagne Jello Shots: This is so easy, it doesn’t even require a recipe. Follow gelatine packet instructions and replace water with champagne. Pour into a large square bowl and sprinkle with Hundreds and Thousands before it sets. Cut out once set. Image credit.
- Champagne Float: Empty the freezer of the last bit of ice cream and top it up with a little champagne in a tall glass. This one isn’t as easy on the eye (it gets all milky), but the simplicity and yumminess (yes it is a word!) makes up for all that is lacking. Follow my instructions here. Image credit.
Have you got any go-to recipes for finishing that last bit of champagne? Feel free to share!