- Roast Chicken
- 1 Tsp Oil
- 1 Carrot, diced
- 1/2 Onion, diced
- 1 Leek, sliced
- Knorr Cream of Chicken Packet of Soup
- Ready Rolled Puff Pastry
- 1 Egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Remove the skin from the chicken and flake the meat. Place in pie dish.
- In a deep frying pan, heat the oil and add the carrot, onion and leek. Stir untill slightly browned and turn down heat.
- According to packet instructions, pour the powder into a heat proof jar and add a small amount of boiled water to make a paste. Add the remaining boiled water and stir continuously.
- Pour the soup into the frying pan and heat until thickened. Remove from heat and mix with chicken.
- Roll the puff pastry out on a floured surface. Be careful not to overwork the pastry as it is very sensitive. Cut to size of your pie dish.
- Brush the inside rim of your pie dish with egg and place pastry on top. Gently press the pastry to the side of the dish with a fork.
- Brush the entire pastry with egg. Press a few small holes in the center of pastry for stream to escape. This is also the time to add decorations and remember to brush them with egg as well.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 min or until golden brown.