I love tarts (especially chocolate ones) and combined with fruit, yoghurt and granola I’ve created a tart that I can enjoy regularly without all the guilt that comes with a dessert tart. I think it would be great to serve at a brunch as the tart shells can be made well in advance and it looks great. I’d love to make a berry tart when summer comes, but you can use almost any fruit that’s in season. I used a few strawberries and a clementine but it would be great if you add pineapple and pears to that.
- 1 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 tbsp raisins
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp syrup
- Greek Yoghurt
- Variety of fresh fruit
- Preheat your oven to 180C and spray two small tart pans.
- Mix together the oats, raisins, sugar and flour in a small bowl.
- Melt the butter and add the syrup stirring until all is mixed.
- Mix the butter with the oats until everything is covered.
- Divide the dough evenly between the two pans and gently press it into the sides of the pan. Once you’ve done the sides, press the remaining dough evenly in the bottom of the pan.
- Place in fridge until the oven is ready. Bake for 10-12 min or until dark golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Serve with yoghurt and a variety of fresh fruit. Don’t bother with honey as the granola will be sweet enough.
Makes 2 small tarts.