Honestly, I haven’t tried all of these products but most of them have a reputation that can’t be ignored. I think they would all be perfect for brightening dull winter skin and providing that extra bit of moisture.
1. Chanel Vitalumiere Foundation, available from selected Edgars and Stuttafors stores: This is a light-medium coverage foundation that adds moisture and illuminates without making you look or feel greasy. This is my main concern as most of the foundations I’ve tried for my dry skin has been to thick and greasy. I would love to try this.
2. Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream, from R185 available here: This amazing rescue cream is perfect for the winter months. I use on my lips before getting into bed, but I’ve also used it on cuticles and minor scars. It really does deliver lasting moisture.
3. YSL Touche Eclat, from R5445 available from selected Edgars and Stuttafords stores: A concealer that both conceals and illuminates at the same time, this product has been inducted into the hall of fame for make-up artists. Use it to hide dark circles, conceal blemishes or highlight cheekbones.
4. Deborah Lippman Gold Glitter Nail polish, from about R250: I have yet to try this, but according to most this is by far the best glitter nail polish as it really delivers a thick layer of glitter. What better time to try some nail art than in front of the fire.
5. Clinique Total Turnaround Instant Facial, from R455 here: I’ve tried this little miracle product as a free gift and I can’t praise this enough. After my first use I could immediately notice my skin looked and felt smoother, with my pores less visible and my skin looking radiant. The only down-side is that it left my skin feeling very tight, so I resolved to only using it twice a month.
6. Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair, from R585 here: Layer this product under your usual night cream for rejuvenating tired, dry and dull skin. A little really goes a long way and this product lasts for ages.
7. Stila In the Light Natural Eye Shadow Palette, from R399 here: I’ve seen this product on quite a few blogs recently and this seems to be all you really need to achieve a multitude of looks for both day- and night-time.
8. Estee Lauder Hydrationist Maximum Moisture Creme, from R525 here: I think that this cream would be perfect to layer over the Advanced Night Repair and it has recently gotten a lot of love from other bloggers for soothing dry and sensitive skin.
What would you add to the list? Have you tried any of these products and are they as great as I believe them to be?