I haven’t abandoned my blog, I’ve just been super busy with finals. Give it a few more weeks or so and I will be back to my regular posting schedule. In the meantime I thought I’ll compose a list of basic, affordable Mother’s day gifts. I don’t believe in giving big gifts for superficial holidays and prefer to spoil the person by spending quality time with them. Nonetheless the act of gift giving is so satisfying, so here goes:
- Poetry Tuberose Scented Candle in a Box (R120): Such a beautiful gift that can make bath time so much more special. I know my own mother would love this.
- Woolworths Animal Print Belt (R69,95): For the fashion conscious mother I would recommend buying an accessory that you’ll be certain will fit. This cute animal print belt fits the bill as it will also suit any personal style.
- Woolworths Turkish Delight (R79,95): An alternative to the predictable chocolate, treat your sweet toothed mother to her favourite sweets, whatever it may be. Bonus points goes to this as it features a cute tin to use afterwards.
- Mr Price Small Frame (R59,95): Create a personal gift by printing a special photo of the two of you or of your entire family and frame it so that it is always there to appreciate.
- Woolworths Potted Plant (R34,95): Plants really are the gift that keeps on giving (avoid orchids for this reason). If your mother has green fingers why not spoil her with flowers that won’t wilt after a week.
- Woolworths Pretty Handcream (R49,95): The scent and packaging of this hand cream really does distinguish it from the rest. A pretty gift that is useful will always be valued.