This is an incredibly basic recipe with endless possibilities. Add all your favourite trimmings and finish with the freshest buns available- I find seeded soft buns work best. Serve with crispy potato wedges and you might never crave fast food again!
- 500g low fat beef mince
- 5 ml salt
- ground pepper
- 10 ml Steak & Chop Spice
- 2 parsley sprigs, finely chopped
- 1 tbs Worcester Sauce
- 1 egg, beaten
- 30 ml bread crumbs
- 1 tbs oil
- Start by mixing the mince and flavouring in a large bowl.
- Add the egg and mix before adding the bread crumbs. Ensure that everything is properly mixed.
- If you find that the mixture is too sticky, add a little more bread crumbs. You should be able to form a ball of meat that doesn’t stick to your hands or breaks when flattened.
- Make 5-6 even sized balls of meat. Gently press each flat in the palm of your hands to about 1,5 cm.
- Fry on medium heat for about 3 min on each side or until cooked through.
Makes 5 to 6 large patties.