I love making simple, easy recipes that deliver. This tart is a family favourite but with all the cream, we have to restrict ourselves. Although the tart is quite similar to a quiche, the difference lies in the base. This has a rich crispy base that perfectly complements the creamy soft filling. Enjoy while fresh from the oven with a crisp green salad for lunch or a light dinner.
- 100g flour
- 100g butter
- 100g cheddar, finely grated
- 100g Feta/12 mushrooms, sliced
- 12 baby tomatoes, halved
- 100g fat free bacon
- 3 eggs
- 250 ml cream
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Finely chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 180*C
- Blend all the ingredients for the base in a mixer on medium speed until it forms a big ball.
- Break the dough into pieces and gently press it into a round quiche pan. Spread the dough evenly with your knuckles, making sure there are no holes.
- Fry the bacon and mushrooms and add the tomatoes last. When done place it in the tart shell. Be sure to spread the ingredients evenly.
- Mix together all the eggs and cream until smooth. Add salt and pepper and pour into tart base.
- Sprinkle a little parsley over the top and place in oven for 30-40 min until golden brown.
- Remove and let set for a few minutes before slicing to serve.