Breakfast is my favourite meal of the day because it is the closest you can get to having dessert as a meal! Flapjacks served with syrup being one of my favourite sweet treats. Americans might know this better as pancakes, but in South Africa pancakes refer to crêpes and we call this flapjacks. Name calling aside, this recipe is really easy and super quick- perfect for the sweet tooth.
- 2 eggs, large
- 125 ml sugar
- 300 ml milk
- 25 ml butter, melted
- 500 ml flour
- 10 ml baking powder
- 5 ml oil
- Strawberries, diced
- Someone to serve this in bed
- Beat the eggs and sugar together. Then add the butter and half the milk.
- Sift all the dry ingredients together and it to the egg mixture.
- Add the extra milk until you have a smooth batter.
- Preheat a pan on medium heat with the oil. Bake the batter in the pan. Flip the flap jacks once small bubbles have appeared on top.
- Serve with syrup, strawberries and sieved icing sugar.
Makes about 15 yummy flapjacks of medium size. Enjoy!