This trend isn’t exactly new, but it is still as popular as ever. With a whole new range of affordable glittery nail polishes on the market, I decided to revisit the trend. For a great tutorial on the glitter gradients, try this one from The Beauty Department. Please note that putting loose glitter on wet nail polish doesn’t look the same! Trust me, I tried it and it didn’t look great. Here is a selection of my favourite glitter nail polishes on a budget.
- Mavala in Sparkling Silver from R59,99
- Mavala in Sparkling Bronze from R59,99
- SPLURGE: Essie in Beyond Cozy from R99,99
- Essence in Space Queen from R19,99 PS: This does need about 2-3 coats and looks best when layered over a colour.
- Essence in Party Princess R19,99
- Essence in Time for Romance R19,99
- Mavala in Sparkling Violet from R59,99
- Revlon in Blue Mosaic from R89,99
How do you feel about glitter nail polishes? Have you mastered the glitter gradient yet, as somehow I haven’t yet?