Lately I’ve seen many recipes for the Zoku Quick Pop Maker, but at R600 it is a little to expensive for me. Then I found a plastic ice-cream mold at my local Spar for only R20- score! I coudn’t wait to try some of those delicious recipes. This one is super easy and quick. I made it this weekend with some over-ripe strawberries and it came out divine!
- 250 ml water
- 125 ml sugar
- 200 g strawberries, hulled and pulped in a food processor
- Boil the water and sugar on the stove top until all the sugar has dissolved. Let it cool.
- Wash the strawberries, hull them and blend in a food processor until smooth.
- Add the syrup mixture and blend.
- Pour into mold and place in the deep-freeze.
This is where you have to have patience! I waited overnight and was rewarded the following morning with some yummie popsicles!
PS: As photography isn’t my strong point I borrowed this picture from The Slow Roasted Italian. Mine came out looking exactly like that. For a slight zing you can follow their recipe and add 2 tablespoons lemon juice to the mixture.