1. The Body Shop Strawberry Body Polish (R99): This leaves skin feeling smooth and moisturized to create the perfect canvass for your tan, whether real or fake. This product also smell good enough to eat.
2. Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisturiser (R80): For me a moisturizer with an SPF is an essential and this one is perfect. It is absorbed quickly and leaves my skin feeling soft and nourished.
3. Clinique Blush in Precious Peony(R250): I prefer to skip the bronzer and just add a brighter, more vibrant sheer version of my winter blusher in the summer. This pretty colour instantly brightens my skin whilst the fact that it is sheer makes it easier to apply.
4. Essence Lash & Brow Gel (R30): This is one of those products I can’t live without as I have bushy, unruly brows. With a single swipe of brow gel I can easily create perfectly styled brows with a slight sheen. The best part of it is that it keeps my brows in place.
5. Essie Canyon Coral (R99): Nail trends come and go, but I find that season after season I am constantly drawn to shades of coral. Essie creates the best variety with great quality to boot. This season’s favourite is a pink-red coral that is slightly lumo.
6. Chanel Chance eu Tendre: I find that in the summer months I often forgo perfume as it can be overpowering combined with all the other scented products I use. When I do however decide to wear a fragrance, this one is my summer go to. It is a clean, sweet and innocent floral that is exactly how I wish I smelt after a bath. It is fun and flirty whilst light enough not to be overpowering.
7. Tresemme Naturals Sweet Orange Shampoo (R75): I have been in hair heaven ever since I discovered this shampoo. Lower sulfate levels means that it isn’t as harsh at cleansing as others might be. It leaves my hair feeling soft, strong and clean. The amazing smell is a bonus as it lingers in your bathroom!
8. Dove Summer Glow for Fair to Medium Skin (R34): My skin is rather fair, so I find it difficult to find a self tan that doesn’t leave me orange. This one is perfect for use at the beginning of the season and it is also great for making your natural tan last. I cheat a bit and apply this over my slight natural tan to intensify the look without all the risk factors of extra hours in the sun.
9. Nivea Sun Screen Light Feeling SPF 30 (R90): AS I mentioned above, I’ve got pale dry skin. So a few minutes in the sun can transform me into a lobster. I always wear an SPF of at least 30 when I know that I will be spending time outdoors. This one from Nivea is one of the more affordable ranges that is widely available and it isn’t as greasy as some of the others I’ve used.
10. Clinique Chubby Stick in Chunky Cherry (R205): During the peak of summer I tend to skip foundation and all other forms of make-up. All I need is a slick of sheer colour and this year Clinique’s Chubby Sticks will be replacing my trusted Strawberry Labello. It has all of the moisture with more colour whilst still feeling sheer. With such a delicious range of colours to choose from, it was difficult picking just one.