Amazingly cute espresso cups from Maxwell & Williams. It matches my new blog background perfectly! Prices vary depending on store, but try Home etc for good prices (2 per box). As if I needed another excuse to drink more coffee!
Recently Lexa S. nominated this blog for a one lovely blog award. I am really glad that she enjoyed my blog and hope you do too! See http://modeljourney.com/2012/12/01/one-lovely-blog-award/ for the other blogs she also nominated. She has an amazing blog about her experiences as a model- some funny and others giving great advice for future models. I particularly enjoy her beauty and make-up tips. So go and have a look at http://modeljourney.com.
As part of being nominated I have to write 7 random facts about myself, so here goes:
- I am totally a cat person and I find them irresistibly cute!
- I can’t watch scary movies- even if they are really bad and unbelievable. I scare way too easily!
- My dream is to one day own a massive bookcase filled with the classics and books about fashion, interior, gardening, traveling and food- especially baking. I love Jane Austen novels and find them both insightful and funny.
- Christmas is my favourite time of the year. I enjoy baking gingerbread biscuits and outydse soetkoekies, buying and wrapping gifts and most of all decorating the Christmas tree!
- I want to travel the whole of Europe to experience the art, architecture, history and the food. The shopping would just be the icing on the cake.
- I don’t have a favourite season as I love both extremes. Summer is meant for the beach, picnics, fresh fruit and time spent outside. I associate winter with warm coffee, fireplace reads and pajama days. Also I love wearing boots and coats! What I don’t like is the in-between windy weather we experience in the Cape for the majority of the year.
- Grey and pink are my favourite colours which is why they are the colours of the blog!
I also have to nominate up to 15 other blogs for this award, but I will get back to this later. Most blogs I like have already been nominated, so I will have to get back to this part later.
Thanks again! x
I totally want the polka dot top pictured left. You can’t see, but it has a frill at the bottom, creating a nice peplum effect and it is so flattering. It also combines three trends in one- peplum, polka dots and gold studs! Priced R250 at Woolworths (and not R225 as advertised in magazine).
- Display only the necessities- those you use on a daily basis, otherwise it will only gather dust and add clutter. Store less frequently used items in a make-up bag or in a drawer for when needed.
- Keep everything organized according to purpose and colour. It will make it easier to find what you are looking for and look more streamlined.
- Use beautiful display trays in Lucite for a minimalist look or use metallics and other finishes to create more of a focus point. I store my cutex selection in a re-purposed Ferrerro Roche chocolate box (pictured above).
- Brushes and mascara’s are easy to store in an upright position in pretty glasses, small vases and even empty candle glasses.
- Add fresh flowers and beautiful lighting to help create a calm and pretty atmosphere for you to enjoy.
Hot pink seems to be the colour of the season. It is universally flattering on all skin tones. Pair it with black for a more grown-up approach and ditch the Barbie effect by avoiding a look that is too matchy-matchy.If you aren’t as keen to invest in the look, why not try it on your lips like these celebs did? It is sure to make you feel pretty!
Here are a few of my favourite items to incorporate the trend.
This is the perfect pick-me-up for mid-exam blues.These shoes would be perfect with a simple LBD or jeans for a night out! Do you prefer to wear your glitter all cute and classic or do you like to toughen it up with metallic studs? I am still in two minds.
Lately I’ve seen many recipes for the Zoku Quick Pop Maker, but at R600 it is a little to expensive for me. Then I found a plastic ice-cream mold at my local Spar for only R20- score! I coudn’t wait to try some of those delicious recipes. This one is super easy and quick. I made it this weekend with some over-ripe strawberries and it came out divine!
- 250 ml water
- 125 ml sugar
- 200 g strawberries, hulled and pulped in a food processor
- Boil the water and sugar on the stove top until all the sugar has dissolved. Let it cool.
- Wash the strawberries, hull them and blend in a food processor until smooth.
- Add the syrup mixture and blend.
- Pour into mold and place in the deep-freeze.
This is where you have to have patience! I waited overnight and was rewarded the following morning with some yummie popsicles!
PS: As photography isn’t my strong point I borrowed this picture from The Slow Roasted Italian. Mine came out looking exactly like that. For a slight zing you can follow their recipe and add 2 tablespoons lemon juice to the mixture.
It might not be Christmas season yet, but the gift-giving season sure has arrived. With all the weddings, Kitchen Teas and Baby showers there are a lot of cards or gift tags to be made- depending on your preference.
I recently bought me a glue-pen from the craft shop, and it is the best tool I’ve bought yet. As you can see it is great when used with glitter. You can even write someone’s name or a cute message. I have to add though that I bought the thicker pen, which means that I can’t create a very delicate design, but I like the boldness of the pen.
Here are a few must haves for card making!
- Glitter Alphabet Letters
- Washi Tape- can spruce up any old gift tag
- Gross Grain Ribbons- To add colour and attach gift tag
- Glitter in all shapes and colours
- Quality card stock- Should be textured and thick
- Metallic Pens
- ZIG Glue Pen
Do share any ideas and must haves of yours. Happy card making!
These colours look great when paired with grey and black. I am so looking forward to incorporating aubergine in my winter wardrobe! As for maroon, well my school uniform was maroon…
What do you think? Will you be incorporating any of these colours in your wardrobe?
I love browsing the inter-webs in search of cute clothes, although I rarely buy as I am still not used to buying without having the luxury of trying on and touching before hand. This Zando dress is so cute that I may have to reconsider my stance on online shopping! Plus it is supposedly super easy to do returns.