Summer isn’t quite here yet, but if you’d like to help it along or find yourself in a warmer clime these frosé drinks are exactly what you need! Super quick and easy to make, yet so impressive when served in sugar rimmed glasses! These are the perfect addition to any summer party, or reason enough to convert your next Netflix and chill session into a mini party.
- Half cup of chopped frozen strawberries (fresh also works)
- 1 tbs sugar
- 400 ml Rosé
- Liquid Pink Food Colouring
- 3 tbs sugar
- In a blender, add the strawberries, sugar and wine. Blend until it looks smooth.
- Decant this into a sealable plastic bag and place in the freezer for 6-8 hours. This makes it easy to check the consistency or break it up if you forgot it in the freezer. Then you can always put it back into the blender with a little additional wine and blend before serving. This bag trick also works a treat for granita!
That is it! If you have time, you can go ahead with the process below.
- Combine the food colouring and sugar in a plate until all the sugar is pink.
- Fill a plate with water and first dip a dry glass into the water and follow by dipping it into the sugar. This should leave a fairly even rim of sugar around the glass. You can clear this up with a kitchen towel or your finger (if the glass is intended for you!).
- Fill glass with frosé and serve with a straw.
Tip: Try to use as little liquid as possible when colouring the sugar. Mine was slightly too moist and because of that the results was a little uneven. You could also exchange the water with syrup or honey for better results.
Let me know if you’ve tried these and what you thought! This is so simple and easy, I’ll definitely try a few variations on this.