As far as food trends go I generally gravitate towards the sweeter ones. Luckily this is also a fool proof recipe. The best way to describe Dutch Babies would be as a cross between a crepe and an omelet as they’re super light and airy yet filling. It is ideal for a winter brunch served with loads of berries and lemon peel.
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 flour, sifted
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 2 tbs butter
- icing sugar, for dusting
- Preheat an over proof pan or cast iron skillet in the oven to 220C.
- Whisk eggs in a large bowl and stir in the milk.
- Gradually whisk in the flour and cinnamon.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and melt butter. Spread with a brush all over.
- Pour batter in the skillet whilst still hot and return to the oven.
- Bake for approximately 10 min or until golden and puffed.
- Remove from the oven, dust with icing and serve piping hot. Enjoy quickly!