Its awards season! And whilst I am not a red carpet critic, I think there is nothing wrong with celebrating my favourite dressed stars.
- Cate Blanchette in Armani Prive: I think this is the dress that we will all remember in years to come. Classically elegant, simply pretty and the styling is spot on. It also doesn’t hurt that Cate Blanchette is extremely beautiful.
- Michelle Dockery in Oscar de la Renta: Michelle’s dress is fit for a a modern princess. The red lip is the perfect accompaniment!
- Greta Gerwig in Donna Karen Atelier: I couldn’t find a larger image of her dress, but isn’t it just amazing? Tea length? Check! Beaded? Check! Princess style? Check! Pleated? Check! Love this dress!
- Louise Roe in Monique Lhullier: Monique Lhullier is one of my favourite designers. The glitter clutch perfectly complements this colourful lace dress.
- Monica Potter in Romona Kevaza: The only thing that could have made this look better would have been a bright lip. Gold and black is such a classic pretty combination.
- Maria Monounos in Max Azria: Maria was colourful, pretty and sexy in this fuschia dress with sheer insets. I love that she off-played the sexiness of the dress with the simple pony.
- Lupita Nyong’O in Ralph Lauren: This is reminiscent of Gwyneth Paltrow’s Tom Ford Oscars Dress, just in a much better colour. I think this signals great things to come!
- Zoe Saldana in Prabal Gurung: This look has been met with much criticism, but I think that if there is ever someone to make such a fashion-forward look work, its Zoe. I love how what might seem incredibly over-the-top translates into such a simple look.
- Drew Barrymore in Marchesa: This is how good pregnancy can look! She looks beautiful and happy and the colours are amazing. As a side note, pregnant Olivia Wilde also looked pretty good.
- Julianna Margulies in Andrew Gn: This is how older women should dress- sexy, classy and never too young! I love the fern detailing on the dress as it adds to what might have been a slightly boring dress. She also accessorized it perfectly!
Other favourite looks of mine include Emma Watson in daring Dior, Emma Roberts in Lanvin (eventhough I hate a fishtail) and Mila Kunis in Gucci Premier. Which were your favourite of the night? Are you planning to see any of the winning movies?