You know I’ve been looking for the perfect DIY installment for the blank wall above my bed for a while now, as documented here. I finally decided on these polka dots as they inject just the right amount of colour and add a little balance. I love how whimsical it feels! Ideally I’d have a headboard like this and room for two new bedside tables, but this will do for now. Supplies:
- Paper in different colours and textures (I used all my scraps from crafting)
- A bowl or round object that can be used for tracing circles, roughly 10 cm in diameter
- Trace as many circles as you can on your paper and cut the circles. The exact number of circles needed depends on the size of your wall. I used about 22 circles.
- Start by sticking a circle roughly in the middle of the wall or the focused area of the wall.
- From there make a few clusters of 2 or 3 circles in different directions, mapping out the size of your installation if you aren’t doing an entire wall.
- Fill in large blank spots with single circles.
- Step back every now and again to assess whether any adjustments need to made.